1. Data collection
Our process of customer data collection is carried out with respect to principles established in the Data Protection Act 2017 of Mauritius and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union.
- Transparency - Customers are informed fairly and in a transparent manner beforehand about which data is being collected and for which purpose.
- Relevancy - We only collect necessary, adequate customer data in relation to the purposes they are being processed and we ensure that the data is kept up to date.
- Storage of Data - We store customer data in full compliance with the current laws.
- Data Access, Rectification & Erasure - We provide our customers with full access to their stored data, upon request, with the purpose of modifying, correcting or deleting the data. The customer can also refuse to have his/her data processed for sales & marketing purposes.
- Security & Confidentiality - We ensure that strict security measures are maintained so as to protect customer data against any possible alteration, accidental or unlawful loss, disclosure or access. The customer data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the data.
2.What data do we collect?
When a customer makes an enquiry or a reservation, he/she is required to provide his/her name, surname, email address, home address, telephone number, payment information, the names of guests travelling with him/her and preferences for the holiday stay.
In the event that a user does not make an enquiry or a reservation on our website, we still collect other information that do not directly disclose or relate to his/her identity, such as geo-location/IP address, browser usage, computer’s operating system, application version, pages that have been shown. If the user is using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies the mobile device, device-specific settings. We may also receive information about social media services usage.
Our services and offerings are not directed at children under the age of 18. Consequently, the use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
3. Why data collection?
We collect customer data in order:
- to process enquiries and bookings as well as maintain rapid and efficient reservation operations.
- to provide personalised customer services such as promotional offers and suggestions
- to ensure the safety of residents, personnel & service providers on site
- to improve our customer service
- to analyse the behaviour of our customers and come up with customer profiles
- to run various communication and advertising campaigns (including retargeting) through assorted types of media: email, social media, search engines, targeting existing and new leads
4. Customer data disclosure
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose personal information collected by our site to third parties in the ordinary course of our business.
Due to the nature of our operation as a whole, the customer data being collected can be shared between the different subsidiaries of the Horizon Group and more specifically among the recipients such as reservation, sales & marketing, operations and as needed.
5. Data protection
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of personal data. Only authorised personnel are allowed to access personal data in the course of their work and they are to abide to our policy on data handling. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to provide our services to you, to comply with applicable laws, to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
6. External links
7. Contact (Data access, rectification or erasure)
If you have any query on the storage and use of your data or if you no longer wish your information be kept in our database, please contact us:
c/o CMA Building,